The organisers of the Plastics Industry Awards 2021 have announced a panel of 26 judges who will share the task of deciding the shortlisted and winning entries in 16 prestigious awards. The Unsung Hero award returns by popular demand in addition to the new COVID-19 Business Hero award.
Matt Barber, Sales and Events Director at Crain Communications, said:
“I am delighted that we have been able to assemble such a diverse and distinguished panel of experts to judge the Plastics Industry Awards this year.
“Together, they represent every part of the UK plastics industry including product design, manufacturing, engineering and recycling with the expertise and experience to judge their industry peers with effective scrutiny and impartiality.”
The Plastics Industry Awards 2021 judges are:
- John Boult, Associate Professor of Design Strategy, Brunel University
- Richard Brown, former Managing Director, RJG Technologies
- John Carr, Consultant
- Peter Clarke, Head of Creative Engineering, GR8 Engineering
- Dr. Peter Cox, Plastics Consultancy Network and Owner, Peter Cox Associates
- Gary Crutchley, Lead Rubber and Tire Consultant, Smithers
- Laura Edwards, Human Resources Business Partner, Materials Science and Engineering, Smithers
- Stuart Foster, CEO, RECOUP
- Dr. Mercia Gick, Retired, British Plastics Federation
- Simon Hubbard, Director of Product Testing and Processing, Smithers
- Stephen Hunt, Membership Services Director, British Plastics Federation
- Suzanne Johnstone, Co-founder, PS Partnerships
- Dr. George Kellie, Chairman, Kellie Technologies
- Dr. Robin Kent, Plastics Consultancy Network and Tangram Technology
- Karen Laird, Editor, Sustainable Plastics
- Don Loepp, Editor, Plastics News
- Steve May-Russell, CEO, Smallfry
- Pravin S Mistry, Plastics Consultancy Network and Global CEO, PREA Technology
- Julia Moore, Chief Executive, GTMA
- Darren Nock, Global Tooling Manager, Agco
- Graeme Paterson, Managing Director, Brightworks
- Dave Raine, Deputy Chairman, PMMDA and Roboshot Sales Manager – UK & Ireland, Fanuc
- Kevin Ross, President, Scottish Plastic and Rubber Association
- Dr. Paul Shipton, Technical Director, PS Partnerships
- Robert Tomlinson, Plastics Consultancy Network and Proprietor, Plastic Moulding Solutions Technology
- Nikki Williams, Association Secretary, PMMDA
The Plastics Industry Awards 2021 culminate in a glamorous, Christmas-themed black-tie gala evening and live entertainment at the new venue of The Waldorf Hilton, London, on December 2. The winners will also be broadcast as part of a two-day live stream networking and learning event featuring “Ask The Expert” webinars and Q&A sessions, starting on December 1.
Platinum awards sponsors are Engel UK (Processor of the Year) and KraussMaffei (Covid-19 Business Hero). Gold awards sponsors are Hasco (Supplier Partnerships – Toolmaker), Meusburger (Apprentice or Trainee) and PlastikCity (Supplier Partnership – Ancillary). Arburg is sponsoring the Charity Casino at the Waldorf event.
The awards enjoy the support of multiple industry associations, including The BPF (British Plastics Federation), RECOUP (Recycling of Used Plastics – Best Recycled Product), the GTMA, PMMDA (Polymer Machinery Manufacturers & Distributors Association), the SPRA (Scottish Plastics & Rubber Association), Plastics Consultancy Network and Sustainable Plastics publication, all of whom are represented on the judging panel.
Table bookings for the gala dinner and awards ceremony are now available. Tickets include a champagne reception, four-course dinner with wine, awards presentation and after-dinner entertainment. Companies and organisations booking a table also receive a listing on the Plastics Industry Awards website for the two-day hybrid event.
Entries for the awards via the website www.plasticsawards.com close on June 14.
Plastics Industry Awards 2021 categories:
- Apprentice or Trainee Award
- Best Business Initiative
- Best Consumer Product Design – International
- Best Environmental or Energy Efficiency Initiative
- Best Industrial Product Design – International
- Best Recycled Plastic Product
- Best Technology Application
- Best Training & Development Programme
- Materials Innovation Award
- Processor Award
- Supplier Partnership – Ancillary Machinery
- Supplier Partnership – Prime Machinery
- Supplier Partnership – Toolmaker
- Covid-19 Business Hero Award
- Young Designer Award
- Unsung Hero