Web-based procurement and marketing hub PlastikCity are delighted to return to the prestigious Plastics Industry Awards this year as both a finalist and a sponsor, along with twelve of their partners who have been shortlisted.
The grand black-tie event takes place on 28 September 2018, at the London Hilton on Park Lane. The Big Band Night will be presented by former Strictly Come Dancing champion Brendan Cole.
This is PlastikCity’s third time as a Plastics Industry Awards finalist since the company started five years ago. They were first shortlisted for the awards in 2014, with the initial launch of the PlastikCity site. In 2015 they were shortlisted for their support of reshoring manufacturing work, through the introduction of the ‘Source a Moulder’ area on the PlastikCity website.
This year’s event is particularly significant for PlastikCity, as they celebrate substantial growth in the company, alongside the launch of PlastikCity North America. In addition, as a sponsor of the Supplier Partnership – Ancillary Machinery category, PlastikCity will also be presenting an award.
Carl Futcher, Managing Director of PlastikCity, commented:
“This year has been a period of huge success for PlastikCity, and we’re really happy with the direction that both PlastikCity and PlastikMedia are heading in. As well as the launch of PlastikCity North America, PlastikCity UK now promotes over 200 partners, which is a great milestone for us.
“We’re also very pleased to congratulate twelve of our partners who have been shortlisted at the Plastics Industry Awards 2018. PlastikCity have always stuck to the principle of only representing the industry leaders, so it gives us great pleasure when our partners are nominated. We’ll be cheering them on loudly!”
PlastikCity Partners who have been nominated include:
• Wittmann Battenfeld: Apprentice or Trainee of the Year, Best Environmental Programme of the Year, Supplier Partnership – Prime Machinery
• Faulkner Moulds: Apprentice or Trainee of the Year, Supplier Partnership – Toolmaker
• Advanced Plastics: Apprentice or Trainee of the Year, Processor of the Year
• MGB Plastics and Straight Manufacturing: Best Business Initiative of the Year, Best Environmental Programme of the Year, Best Recycled Product of the Year
• Aquapurge: Best Business Initiative of the Year
• RJG Technologies: Best Business Initiative of the Year
• Motan Colortronic: Best Technology Application of the Year, Supplier Partnership – Ancillary Machinery
• Mergon International: Best Training & Development Programme of the Year, Processor of the Year
• Hi-Tech Automation: Supplier Partnership – Ancillary Machinery
• Piovan: Supplier Partnership – Ancillary Machinery
• ENGEL: Supplier Partnership – Prime Machinery
• FANUC: Supplier Partnership – Prime Machinery
Carl continued: “The Plastics Industry Awards is always a great event, giving us the opportunity to celebrate achievements in our industry and network with our peers in a friendly, energetic atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you all there!”
Now in its 18th year, the Plastics Industry Awards have firmly established themselves as the forum for recognising and rewarding excellence in an increasingly competitive market. If you haven’t already got your tickets for this year’s event, visit the Plastics Industry Awards website to book now.