The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2022 are now open for entries in seven different categories. Winners will be announced at the Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) taking place in June at the RAI in Amsterdam.
Brand owners, plastic product manufacturers, retailers, product designers, packaging producers, raw material producers, plastics recycling machine producers, and suppliers of recycled plastic products from across the whole value chain are invited to enter the fifth edition of the prestigious awards, which are open to organisations and individuals throughout Europe.
The seven award categories are:
- Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product
- Building & Construction Product
- Household & Leisure Product
- Plastic Packaging Product
- Product Technology Innovation
- Recycling Machinery Innovation and
- Plastics Recycling Ambassador
“The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are now firmly established as the annual highlight for all those participating in the circular and sustainable use of plastics in Europe,” said Ton Emans, PRE President. “We were so encouraged by the popularity of the awards in 2021 and the diversity of companies from across the plastics value chain that entered, ranging from major brands to innovative start-ups. And of course, we expect even more in 2022!”
Entries for the awards will close on Monday, March 7, 2022. Shortlisted finalists will be announced at a live online ceremony in April. Winners will be presented with their awards on the second day of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) at the RAI in Amsterdam from June 22-23, 2022. All finalists will be showcased in a dedicated display area at PRSE.
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe are organised jointly by Plastics Recyclers Europe and Crain Communications, organisers of PRSE. FIMIC SRL is a platinum sponsor of the 2022 awards.
To qualify for an award, entries must satisfy a number of key criteria, including:
- Entries must be designed, developed, or manufactured in Europe and must be finished products
- Products must be made from post-consumer/post-commercial/post-industrial recycled plastics (excluding scrap)
- Products must contain at least 50% recycled content
- Products must be made of conventional plastics (not including biodegradable or oxo-degradable content)
- Products must be recyclable
Detailed criteria and qualifying features for each category are available on the website.
The Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2021 winners, announced in November, were:
- Automotive, Electrical or Electronic Product: Speed Home WLAN by Deutsche Telekom AG
- Building & Construction Product: Circular Green Rope by Plastix A/S
- Household & Leisure Product: HÅG Capisco Puls – auburn-coloured made of recycled snow plough markers by Flokk
- Plastic Packaging Product: Labeless bottle, designed to be circular – 100% recyclable – 100% recycled plastic by SAEME for Danone Eaux France
- Product Technology Innovation: Recyclable PP trigger sprayer by Reckitt
- Recycling Machinery Innovation (joint winners): BritAS Recycling-Anlagen GmbH’s ABMF-PET-C and INTAREMA® TVEplus® RegrindPro® + ReFresher by EREMA Engineering Recycling Maschinen und Anlagen Ges.m.b.H.
- Plastics Recycling Ambassador: Flor Peña Herron, Avery Dennison
Watch the video below to see the highlights of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2021.
The Plastics Recycling Show is a pan-European, free-to-attend exhibition and a conference designed specifically for plastics recycling professionals. It brings together key players from the plastics and recycling sectors to showcase innovative technology, share best practice, network, and do business. A broad cross-section of the industry is represented at the event, including plastics recycling machinery and equipment suppliers, plastic material suppliers and compounders, pre-processors, plastics recyclers, waste management specialists, and industry associations.
Click here for more information and online entry to the Plastics Recycling Awards 2022.