Derek Gulbransen, Managing Director of Lenzkes Clamping Tools, reflects on 30 years of business as the company move to a new site in Manvers, Rotherham.
Lenzkes Clamping Tools recently moved into their fourth UK-based premises, and Managing Director Derek Gulbrandsen has taken the milestone as an opportunity to reflect on the history of the company in the UK:
- 1988 – “I was working in Germany, having left the Armed Forces, and I joined the company Lenzkes.
- 1989 – “Together with the late Karl Heinz Lenzkes, I came to the UK, working in small rented offices in Barnsley town centre.
- 1991 – “After two years of growth, we purchased a 5000sq ft unit in Goldthorpe, an ex-mining village in Rotherham, where we employed 15 staff. Some of these staff members are still with us today!
- 1998 – “Following further growth, we purchased some land at Manvers, Rotherham, where we hand-built a large 22,500sq ft unit. We traded from this unit for 20 years.
- 2019 – “After 20 years we sold the old factory, and moved to our new offices at Universal House, also in Manvers, Rotherham.”
Following the successful move, Derek also wanted to thank the efforts of his staff through the transitional period. He commented: “Without the support of the loyal staff, and the efforts they have all put in over the last months helping with the move, we would probably still be at it! It’s to their credit we have new offices from which we can continue to support our customers, and provide our services, hopefully for the next 30 years.”
Lenzkes Clamping Tools are Europe’s leading manufacturer of quick-release work-holding solutions for injection moulding machines. Lenzkes specialise in helping customers maximise machine efficiency by reducing setup and tool change times. For more information, visit Lenzkes’ website.