Plunkett Associates recently found a CNC machinist who has just moved into the area. After 28 years in the business, he is still passionate about what he does!
His brand new 3 axis machine is ideally suited to prototype and low volume batch work, but his attention to detail is what really makes him stand out. He has a wide range of capabilities and is happy to tackle complex parts as well as tooling in most grades of aluminium.
Why do Plunkett Associates machine in aluminium?
– Physically, chemically and mechanically aluminium is a metal just like steel, brass, copper, zinc, lead or titanium. It can be melted, cast, formed and machined much like these other metals.
– Aluminium is a very light metal with a weight of about a third that of steel. Its strength can be adapted by modifying the composition of its alloys.
– Aluminium naturally generates a protective oxide coating and therefore is highly corrosion resistant. Different types of surface treatment, such as anodising, painting or lacquering, can help to improve this.
– Aluminium is an excellent heat and electricity conductor (almost twice as good a conductor as copper).
– Aluminium is a good reflector of light as well as heat,
– Aluminium is ductile and has a low melting point and density.
– Aluminium is 100 percent recyclable with no downgrading of its qualities.
If you have a requirement for aluminium parts or need a tool, give Plunkett Associates a call.